Friday, January 19, 4 pm – Sunday, January 21, 4 pm
Join the Richmond Hill community for a weekend retreat patterned after Taizé, “that little springtime” in the Southern French Alps. Our weekend together will consist of small group formation, conscious work in the community, a chance to learn about both the mission of Taizé and Richmond Hill, and, of course, time to pray the songs of Taizé. Each of our regular prayer times will be done in Taizé fashion incorporating the songs of Taizé, silence, and our daily prayers for metropolitan Richmond.
The weekend will be led by Co-Pastoral Director, Rev. Joel Blunk, who has spent two weeks in the Taizé community, and musician Jim Bennett, who leads the Richmond Hill monthly service, Praying With The Songs of Taizé.
- Pray the songs of Taizé
- Experience community at Richmond Hill
- Spend time in small group discussion
- Learn about both the Taizé and Richmond Hill communities
- Share delicious common meals
- Be renewed for faithful living out in the world
- Seek the healing of metropolitan Richmond through prayer, hospitality, racial reconciliation and spiritual development
Register here or call Richmond Hill at (804) 783-7903 ext.10
Suggested donation: $180. Space limited to 30